Monday, October 11, 2010

Second Treatment

It's the day before my second chemotherapy treatment. To say that I dread going would not be an understatement. The one side effect that I had really hoped not to get showed up about ten days after my first treatment.

As a writer, having tingling in my fingers is an unpleasant experience to say the least. I have the same tingling in my feet, which could cause serious navigation problems should it get worse. If the tingling in my fingers gets worse, it could hinder my ability to write. The up side is that if the tingling gets so bad that it hinders my ability to perform normal, every day tasks, then I will be taken off the Taxol and given Taxotere -- a drug I'm already familiar with from when I had breast cancer -- instead.

No one can say that battling cancer isn't adventurous. The trouble with ovarian cancer is that it has a high incidence of recurrence. I'm hoping to get more than two years of cancer free life. If I'm truly blessed, it will never come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment