Sunday, November 13, 2011

Cancer ... Again!

For the third time in four years, I have cancer yet again. It's ovarian cancer again. Because of new findings, I'm not only being bombarded with the same chemotherapy regimen -- Carboplatin and Taxol -- that I received the first time, but I'm also getting Avastin, which slows down the progression of the disease. The trouble with Avastin is that it isn't especially effective overall in some cases. It also has potentially fatal side effects. Considering recurrent ovarian cancer is usually fatal anyway, what do I have to lose? My hope is that I will beat cancer once and for all and never have to deal with it EVER again.

My doctor said I have a 70% chance of beating the disease. I'm doing myself a favor this time around and eating better and exercising more. As a result, I feel better overall and function better during the day. Depression causes more problems than the side effects from the chemotherapy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment